Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Firefox 1.5! The Bloatware

I am writing this post from Mozilla Firefox on Windows. It is the browser that i really love! I love it not only because it is an OSS, but also because it has a gamut of scripts that i can add to customize to my taste. I use greasemonkey scripts to add delete button to my gmail threads, remove Google AdSense Ads and add MP3 player to all links that are MP3. But after upgrading to Firefox 1.5, things have changed a lot, though i still love it. It has become like a one sided love affair. Its trying to become bloat ware no.1. Previously IE used to be the top contender for Mr. BloatWare.It is probably because of some memory leak or something like that and I hope it would be corrected soon. (Firefox developers, anybody there, echo!). The worst thing happens when i run Java over it!. It bloats to 70MB odd, once i have even seen it at 100+MB :( . Have a look at my task manager.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not really bloatware-- that is not a memory leak, it is a feature: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html

If you'd like to get rid of it anyway: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1327586/posts

Search this site

Google